October 7, 2022

The former Ajax boss wasted no time in bolstering his squad over the summer, immediately welcoming Christian Eriksen, Tyrell Malacia and Lisandro Martinez to the club in quick succession.
Man United then experienced a lull in the transfer market, as their long-running pursuit of Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong ultimately failed to bear fruit.
The Red Devils instead turned their attention to Brazilian pair Casemiro and Antony, concluding late big-money deals for the duo before making loan signing Martin Dubravka their final summer arrival.
Ten Hag’s side have recovered from a disastrous start to the league season to win each of their last four games in the Premier League, and attention will soon turn to the January transfer window.
Erik ten Hag leads Manchester United training on September 7, 2022© Reuters
Man United boss Ten Hag will continue to work with those players who were not selected for national team duty during the international break, but he has also confirmed that discussions will take place with the powers-that-be regarding possible winter arrivals.

Speaking to MUTV, Ten Hag said: “We have many meetings, we have to improve the structures in and around the club, we will do.
“We will also look to the window in January or next summer already but also to improve our way of playing by making plans and, of course, this coming period with every third day a game, we have to get ready for that.”
Ten Hag is thought to be keen to make more additions to his squad in the January window, but there is reportedly a reluctance from those higher up to splash the cash mid-season.
Given their significant summer outlay, the Red Devils hierarchy could block any potential moves for players in the January window, but the 20-time English champions are still being linked with numerous targets.
Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag on August 7, 2022© Reuters
A new striker is understood to be high on the agenda for Man United, who have seen Anthony Martial struggle with injuries this term, while Cristiano Ronaldo could try to force an exit once again in 2023.
Moves for Barcelona’s Antoine Griezmann and Napoli’s Victor Osimhen have both been mooted, and the Red Devils are also understood to have identified an ideal right-back reinforcement.
Diogo Dalot has risen back above Aaron Wan-Bissaka in the Old Trafford pecking order, but Ten Hag’s side are supposedly interested in a deal for Monaco and Brazil wide man Vanderson.
Man United are already said to be in discussions over a move for the versatile 21-year-old – who is comfortable in defence or higher up the field – although he only signed a new contract at Monaco until 2027 last month.
As a result, the Red Devils could have to cough up as much as €60m (£52.5m) to win the race for Vanderson, who is said to be open to making the switch to Old Trafford in 2023.

source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.